PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS - Semester September 2020 - February 2021
Procedure for Applications
1. Applicants must apply for admission to the PhD Program on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (DNyN) before May 31, 2020.
2. The required documentation is (scanned documents at this stage):
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates of Master's degree and Bachelor's degree (in which courses taken and grades obtained are indicated)
- Description of the work carried out as a master's thesis (maximum 5 pages)
- 2 letters of recommendation by researchers familiar with the performance of the applicant. These letters should be e-mailed by the people extending the recommendations
- Results of the TOEFL English exam (if not available before May 31, this document may be provided on the date of the interview – see below)
3. The Admissions Commission will hold interviews with the candidates sometime during June - July 2020. As part of each interview, an oral presentation (maximum, 20 minutes) of the master's thesis work will be scheduled.
4. The Admissions Commission shall take into account the following criteria for admission:
- Minimum average of 8.0 in previous graduate studies (in a scale of 0 to 10).
- Level of mastery of English, particularly in reading - comprehension and writing capabilities (minimum qualifications shall not be required, but will be a criterion for admission.)
- Capacity for research in the area of N&N, according to the information provided by her/his academic background, and their performance in the Master´s program
- During the interview, the members of the Commission may examine the basic preparation of candidates on topics of mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology. If necessary, the Commission will apply at a later time some tests on such fundamental knowledge, so as to obtain more information about the academic preparation of any of the applicants
If necessary, the interview referred to in point 3 may be carried out via videoconferencing or another electronic means Skype. To do so, the candidate must indicate the need to conduct the interview in this way, by sending a message to the program Coordinator (email@example.com) by May 31, 2020.
Application for admission
Versión en español